Hi, I’m Clare Robinson, a proofreader based in Belfast, NI. I specialise in research papers, academic theses, working with by multi-lingual writers, and documents where knowledge of French is advantageous.
Want to know more? Here’s my bio.
Services I offer
Whether you’re an editor or individual writer, I will ensure your text reaches an excellent standard of accuracy and clarity, ready for submission to your department or chosen journal.
Depending on your needs, I offer proofreading to make sure the text and layout are accurate, clear and consistent. I also suggest copyediting for texts where the language, referencing or formatting needs some intervention.
To get a price quote (or if you’re not sure which service is best for you), click ‘Contact me’ below with an explanation of what you need. Quotes reflect the CIEP suggested rates, but are flexible depending on the brief, text and deadline.
Skills and training:
- PTC Basic proofreading course with merit
- CIEP Proofreading 1 and Copyediting 1
- Editing on Word with tracked changes/comments
- Editing on PDF using Adobe markup or BSI symbols
- Experienced proofreader of postgraduate academic texts, particularly in education, law and business/management
- Specialist in working with multi-lingual writers
- Familiar with major referencing styles including Harvard, OSCOLA and MHRA
- English speaker with fluent French and B2 Spanish
If you think you need academic English language support, check out my sister site, ESL Academic Proofreading.